About Montgomery College
We’re All About Transforming the Community College Experience.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs.
MC consistently receives high rankings and national recognition:
- Ranked new window by Niche (名门棋牌).
- Ranked new window and 11th overall of 55 higher education institutions in Maryland by EdSmart (2019).
- Ranked new window to earn your online computer science AA degree by TheBestSchools.org (2019).
- Ranked new window for students' career outcomes by WalletHub (2018).
- Ranked 12th in the nationnew window among community colleges for online learning by BestColleges (2018).
- Ranked new window by Military Times (2018, 2017, 2016).
- Ranked new window by the Chronicle of Higher Education (2019, 2018).
- Ranked new windowamong community colleges for adult learners by Washington Monthly (2017).
- Ranked highly by for ease of transfer to four-year schools, flexibility of programs, and services for adult students (2017).
One of the foundations of our academic programs and courses is the ability to take what you learn and effectively apply it in the world.
Life at MC isn’t all about hitting the books. Students participate in 130 clubs and organizations, including student government, sports, academic and social organizations, and special interest clubs.
Our students learn from a talented and award-winning faculty made up of academic leaders and industry experts. With an 18:1 student-teacher ratio and small classes, students can get to know their instructors and develop partnerships that foster growth and achievement.
We provide educational value both through the excellence of our academic programs and a determined effort to keep our tuition costs low.
Want to keep up to date on all things Montgomery College? Engage with us on social media.